A personal & outdoorsy alternative to kennels and house sitters since 2006!
Kindred Spirit has run a cage-free, compassionate
boarding business since 2006 !
- Owner Martina concentrates on the individual
needs of small dogs and bigger Seniors at THE KINDRED SPIRIT COTTAGE located on 1 fenced acre
and shown in picture above.
- Partner Neil enjoys caring for a few mid-sized dogs and on long hikes
- WE OPPERATE OUT OF OUR PRIVATE HOME AND APPRECIATE YOU NOT COMING OVER WITHOUT AN
- Our service starts at 8am with a daily adventurous 2 mile trail hike for active dogs Seniors go on a leashed neighborhood hike afterwards
- We provide daycare for a bigger group of our regular customers 3
days a week .
- Dogs are asked to come for a meet-n-greet and temperament assessment before they are
- EVERYONE gets a choice of sleeping on a couch or dog bed in our home overnight
- UNFORTUNATELY WE DO NOT ACCEPT UNNEUTERED MALES OLDER THAN 8
- We are bonded and insured
- OUR FOCUS IS ON THE INDIVIDUAL DOG we temperament test her/ him by introducing them to our own dogs in our inital interview. We
find out what they like / dislike and we watch their pack behavior when you bring them for a playdate before their service starts - then we accept the dog .Owner Martina has studied Canine
Psychology , Canine first aid and has 14 years of experience handling dogs in a safe and compassionate way .
- We are low-tech (no cameras, no artificial turf) and hands-on, spending 8 hours
supervising dogs play inside and outside daily. Someone is on the premises nearly always yo keep an eye/ear on them.,
We feel that if we would get a dollar for every time the dogs make us smile, we would all be