A personal alternative to kennels and house sitters since 2006!
Kindred Spirit has devoted itself to cage-free, compassionate care for dogs
since 2006 ! For 8 years we operated both a doggie ranch for 20 medium sized dogs and a cottage for
smaller and old dogs in Bend. but: During
the COVID-19 CRISIS THE DOGGIE RANCH HAD TO CLOSE and was sold
- Owner Martina NOW CONCENTRATES ON WATCHING SMALL ( up to
40Lb) AND/OR OLDER DOGS ( all sizes) AT THE KINDRED SPIRIT COTTAGE, her home ,shown in picture above.Call her at:
- Co-worker Jane Toomey watches 2 MEDIUM -SIZED ACTIVE DOGS at her home and joins in the KINDRED SPIRIT
- Our service includes a daily adventurous 2 mile trail hike for the younger dogs as well
as a leashed short neighborhooed walk for our Senior friends .EVERYONE gets a choice of sleeping on a couch or dog bed in our home overnight .
- Each dog gets a chance to visit and be familiar with us before they are left for a longer time
- while Mom and Dad answer many questions, dog gets to play with the others and we assess her/ his temperament and his needs
- Our focus is on the individual dog : we
temperament test her/ him by introducing them to our own dogs in our inital interview. We find out what they like / dislike and we watch their pack behavior when you bring them for
a free playdate before their service starts - then we accept the dog .Owner Martina has studied Canine Psychology , Canine first aid and has 14 yers of experience handling dogs in a safe and
compassionate way .
- We are bonded and insured
- We are low-tech (no cameras, no artificial turf) and hands-on spending 8 hours
supervising dogs play inside and outside daily. Someone is on the premises full- time to always keep an eye/ear on them.Our dog to Person ratio is 4 to 1, the lowest in town,
We feel that if we would get a dollar for every time the dogs make us smile, we would all be