A personal alternative to kennels and house sitters since 2006!
Kindred Spirit has devoted itself to cage-free, compassionate care since 2006
- Owner Martina concentrates on the needs of smaller dogs and
Seniors of all sizes at THE KINDRED SPIRIT COTTAGE ,shown in picture above.She likes to keep her guest groups to 4 dogs at a time and provides
regular daycare for a bigger group 2-3 days aweek .Call her at:
- Our service includes a daily adventurous 2-3 mile trail hike for the younger dogs as well
as a leashed short neighborhooed walk for our Senior friends .EVERYONE gets a choice of sleeping on a couch or dog bed in our home overnight .
- UNFORTUNATELY WE DO NOT ACCEPT DOGS OVER 70LBS AND
UNNEUTERED MALES OLDER THAN 8 MONTHS
- Each dog gets a chance to visit and be familiar with us before they are left for a longer time
- while Mom and Dad answer many questions, dog gets to play with the others and we assess her/ his temperament and his needs
- Associate DAWN KIRKPATRICK opens her home " THE KINDRED SPIRIT HAVEN " to 2-3 small and medium
sized dogs at a time . CALL HER AT 541-728-6658
- OUR FOCUS IS ON THE INDIVIDUAL DOG : we temperament test her/ him by introducing
them to our own dogs in our inital interview. We find out what they like / dislike and we watch their pack behavior when you bring them for a free playdate before their service starts - then we
accept the dog .Owner Martina has studied Canine Psychology , Canine first aid and has 14 yers of experience handling dogs in a safe and compassionate way .
- We are bonded and insured
- We are low-tech (no cameras, no artificial turf) and hands-on spending 8 hours
supervising dogs play inside and outside daily. Someone is on the premises full- time to always keep an eye/ear on them.Our dog to Person ratio is 4 to 1, the lowest in town,
We feel that if we would get a dollar for every time the dogs make us smile, we would all be